Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Hi there, friends, family, and fans!  I would like to welcome you all to my page!

My New Year’s resolution was to get involved, keep everyone updated, and utilize social media!  So I decided to start this blog and join the world of twitter - @ratherBvaulting!  You can also follow me on my Athlete Fan Page on Facebook – www.facebook.com/pv.kylie

Well I guess it’s time for an update, huh?  Where to begin…
After living out in Phoenix and training for the past 2 years, I decided it was time to come home.  Where is home?  Terre Haute, IN.  My friends and family are here, my team(Indiana State University) is here, this is my home…where I grew up.  This is where I am most comfortable.  So my coach in Phoenix, Greg Hull, and my college coach, Jeff Martin, have decided that they will work together and help me become the best pole vaulter that I can be.  I can’t thank them enough for not making me choose one of them, just for the fact that they are both amazing people as well as great coaches.

So I’m training at Indiana State University along with being a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the ISU pole vaulters.  Coaching is something that I never thought I would like to do, but when I started helping out with the ISU vaulters…it was a different story.  I instantly fell in love with it.  Teaching an athlete something that I love is so much fun!  I can't wait to see what they can accomplish this year!

Training is going great so far!  I’ve had the best pre-season vaulting that I’ve ever had.  Working with Jeff and the vaulters every day has kept me busy and on my toes.  I feel strong, lean, and ready for competition season. 

Speaking of competition season…it’s time for the 2013 NATIONAL POLE VAULT SUMMIT in Reno, NV!!  I’m leaving tomorrow for 4 days of pole vault, pole vault fanatics, elite pole vaulters, pole vault coaches, and all sorts of pole vault things!  YAY!  This is the one time every year when hundreds of vaulters come together to learn and compete under one roof!  Talk about pole vault heaven!  I can’t wait to see all of my vaulter friends and coaches that I haven’t seen in months…as well as all of the bright faces of the eager young vaulters!  There will be meetings, assemblies, functional movement screenings, and competitions.  So many opportunities to connect with athletes and coaches! 

I’ll be competing with some of the best vaulters in the world on Friday night!  If you can…follow along on Twitter @VaulterMagazine, @PoleVaultSummit, @VaultUnited, @polevaultpower…etc! 

Good Luck to everyone competing this weekend! J

Also follow my POLE VAULT SUMMIT experience @ratherBvaulting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment